Principle Investigator:dr Jakub Ciążela
tel.: +48 71 337 63 42
Project summary on the NCN website:https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2020-03-16pfoa/streszczenia/483125-en.pdf
Funding source: National Science Centre Poland, OPUS-19
Project ID: 2020/37/B/ST10/01420
Scientific supervisors: prof. dr hab. Ewa Słaby, dr Jakub Ciążela
Application deadline: 13.10.2021
The deadline for submitting application: 22.10.2021
Start of the scholarship: 01.11.2021
Duration of the employment in the NCN project: 48 months
Remuneration: 3500 PLN gross gross/month
Location: Institute of Geological Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Wrocław, Poland
- Work in the leading geological institute in Poland;
- Remuneration paid as a scholarship for the duration of the project (3500 PLN gross gross/month for 48 months);
- Participation in at least seven international earth science conferences (including Lunar and Planetary Science Conference, Goldschmidt Conference, EGU General Assembly, and AGU Fall Meeting)
- Several research stays in foreign universities;
- A new high-end company laptop;
- Extensive course of Polish language for foreigners;
- Possibility to apply for additional internal and external funding to extend the time or amount of the scholarship;
- Help in searching for permanent position in academia after obtaining the PhD degree.
Requirements / Expectations:
- MSc degree in Earth sciences (or a similar discipline) until 30.09.2021;
- Determination to pursue scientific career in the future;
- Passion about your research topic that enables you to work exceptionally hard!;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Strong background in petrology, geochemistry, or planetary geology;
- Experience in work with petrological thin sections, especially using optical microscopy (including reflected light) and EPMA or SEM. Experience with LA-ICPMS and SHRIMP/SIMS is also welcome;
- Experience in analysis of remote sensing data (images and infrared spectra) is also highly welcome, so do programming skills (e.g., Python, IDL, Matlab);
- Experience in scientific writing (authorship of an abstract or co-authorship of a publication);
- Optionally, experience in conducting geological field works (due to various opportunities in other running or future project in our group);
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Willingness to learn basics of Polish language. Achieving A2 level after one year, and B1 level after second year is expected and will help to find a permanent position in academia after obtaining the PhD degree.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Realization of the project research tasks;
- Oral presentations (or posters) in international conferences;
- Preparation of the scientific articles and periodic reports;
- Participation in doctoral studies organized by Doctoral School Geoplanet (geoplanetschool.pl).
Form of submitting documents:
Applications should be submitted by 13.10.2021 to the principle investigator of the project, Dr. Jakub Ciążela via e-mail: email@example.com and to the Scientific Information Office of the Institute via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the title of the message please indicate "Mars Ore 2".
For more information please contact dr Jakub Ciążela email@example.com.