Principle Investigator:Dr hab. prof. Jarosław Majka
tel.: +48 668 581 910; e-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Project summary on the NCN website:https://www.ncn.gov.pl/sites/default/files/listy-rankingowe/2021-09-15okipi34a/streszczenia/540940-en.pdf
Funding source: National Science Centre Poland, OPUS-22
Project ID: 2021/43/B/ST10/02312
Scientific supervisors: prof. dr hab. Stanisław Mazur, prof. dr Kamil Ustaszewski, dr Christian Schiffer
Application deadline: 15.08.2022
Start of the scholarship: 01.10.2022
Duration of the employment in the NCN project: 48 months
Remuneration: 5000 PLN gross gross/month
Location: Institute of Geological Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences, Kraków, Poland
- Work in the leading geological research institute in Poland;
- Remuneration paid as a scholarship for the duration of the project (5000 PLN gross gross/month for 48 months);
- Participation in international Earth science conferences;
- Research stays at foreign universities (Sweden, Germany);
- Co-financing of the intensive course of Polish language for foreigners;
- Possibility to apply for additional internal and external funding to extend the time or amount of the scholarship.
Requirements / Expectations:
- MSc degree in Earth sciences (geology or geophysics);
- Determination to pursue scientific career in the future;
- High degree of motivation, communicativeness and creativity, the ability to work both independently and in a team;
- Background in structural geology, tectonics, basin analysis, and seismic interpretation;
- At least basic knowledge in programming (Python, MATLAB, C++);
- Knowledge of ArcGIS environment or similar GIS software;
- Proficiency in spoken and written English;
- Knowledge of the Carpathian orogenic belt will be a plus.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Building of a 3-D structural model constrained by seismic profiles and borehole data;
- Preparation of balanced cross-sections;
- Processing of gravity and magnetic data, 2-D and 3-D forward and inverse modelling of potential filed anomalies;
- Participation in implementation and interpretation of a passive seismic experiment
- Participation in developing of a tectonic model
- Oral presentations (or posters) in international conferences;
- Preparation of the scientific articles and periodic reports;
- Participation in doctoral studies organized by Doctoral School Geoplanet (geoplanetschool.pl).
Form of submitting documents:
Applications should be submitted by 15.08.2022 to the principle investigator of the project, prof. Stanisław Mazur via e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and to the Scientific Information Office of the Institute via e-mail: rekrutacja_ingpan@twarda,pan.pl In the title of the message, please, indicate "PKB".
For more information, please, contact prof. Stanisław Mazur via e-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.