Employed: Biogeosystem Modelling Laboratory
Instytut Nauk Geologicznych Polskiej Akademii Nauk
Institute of Geological Sciences, Polish Academy of Sciences
Ośrodek Badawczy w Krakowie - Research Centre in Cracow
Senacka 1, 31-002 Kraków, POLAND
Phone office: +48 12 3705 255
My research interest involves application of marine palaeopalynology to reconstruct palaeoclimate and palaeoenvironmental conditions in the Arctic region from the Late Cretaceous up to present times. Currently I work on the Last Interglacial (~129 ka). This part of the geological history is relevant for understanding future climate but its ocean and climate dynamics are not well understood. A dinoflagellate cyst study based on 129 samples from the subpolar North Atlantic ODP sites 984 and 986 for the interval 132.45–108.9 ka is in progress.
2019: International scholarship funded by the Government of India to visit the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow, India, under INSA-PAS bilateral exchange program. This three-week scholarship included:
2018: Great Britain, British Geological Survey, training on palynological preparation techniques
2018: Guatemala, Centro Universitario del Norte CUNOR, fieldtrip in Flores and Coban area, preliminary micropalaeontological / palynological study
2018: Great Britain, Nottingham, ‘Advanced course in organic-walled dinocyst taxonomy, stratigraphy, paleoecology’
2016: Italy, Urbino, ‘Summer School in Palaeoclimatology. Past Global Change Reconstruction and Modelling Techniques’
2013: Spain, Zumaia, fieldtrip and sample collection for palynological study of Campanian - Maastrichtian interval
2012-2013: Norway, University of Bergen, YGGDRASIL - Research Council of Norway Scholarship (6 months)
2012: Great Britiain, Conwy, international petroleum industry, consultant
2011: Norway, Kjeller, Foundation for the Development of the Education System Scholarship
2011: The Netherlands, Utrecht University, Laboratory of Palaeobotany and Palynology, training
2010-2011: Norway, University of Bergen, Foundation for the Development of the Education System Scholarship (8 months)
2010: Norway, Stavanger, Summer Student Internship, Statoil (2 months).
2009: Italy, Urbino, ‘Advanced course in Jurassic – Cretaceous – Cenozoic Organic – Walled Dinoflagellate Cysts: Morphology, Paleoecology and Stratigraphy’
2019: GeoHost program awarded by the Indian government allowing attendance at the 36th International Geological Congress in New Delhi, India
2019: nomination award by the Indian government to visit the Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeosciences, Lucknow, under INSA-PAS Bilateral Exchange Programme
2016: nomination for Award of Prime Minister for the doctoral thesis
2015: honourable mention of the PhD dissertation, nomination for Award of Minister for doctoral thesis
2014: award for the best publication in the ING PAN, KRC
2014: awards by ING PAN, KRC for publications in the journals Marine and Petroleum Geology, Cretaceous Research, and Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology
2013: award by ING PAN, KRC for publication in the journal Marine and Petroleum Geology
2013: AASP – The Palynological Society Travel Grant for 9th International Symposium on the Cretaceous System, Ankara, Turkey
2013: ING PAN Award for Young Scientists, fieldtrip to Zumaia, Spain
PhD study at the Polish Academy of Sciences, Institute of Geological Sciences, Krakow, Poland, 2015. Specialisation: Cretaceous palynostratigraphy and environmental reconstructions.
Post Graduate Diploma in Geophysics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow, Poland, 2008. Specialisation: applied geophysics, focusing on seismic methods.
M.Sc. in Geology, Jagiellonian University, Institute of Geological Sciences, Krakow, Poland, 2005. Specialisation: ichnology and micropalaeontology.
Conference abstracts published
Radmacher W., Tyszka J., Niezgodzki I., Mangerud G., 2017. Latest Cretaceous winter sea-ice in the Arctic? The 50th Annual Meeting of AASP – The Palynological Society, Notthingam, UK, 3-7 September, 2017.
Radmacher W., Tyszka J., Niezgodzki I., Mangerud G., Pearce, M. A., 2017. Late Cretaceous climate change in the sub-Arctic region recorded by dinoflagellate cysts. 10th International Symposium on the Cretaceous System, Vienna, Austria, 21-26 August, 2017. Berichte der Geologischen Bundesanstalt, 219.
Niezgodzki, I. Knorr, G., Lohmann, G., Tyszka, J., Radmacher, W., 2017. Late Cretaceous climate with different gateway configurations and CO2 concentrations as simulated by the Earth System Model. Implications for the Arctic region. 10th International Symposium on the Cretaceous System, Vienna, Austria, 21-26 August, 2017. Berichte der Geologischen Bundesanstalt, 120: 196.
Radmacher W., Tyszka J., Niezgodzki I., Mangerud G., Pearce, M. A., 2017. Organic-walled dinoflagellate cysts as indicator of sea-surface salinity and productivity fluctuations in the subpolar Late Cretaceous Greenland-Norwegian Seaway. 11th International Conference on Modern and Fossil Dinoflagellates, Brodeaux, France, 17-21 July, 2017. Program and abstract volume: 70.
Radmacher W., Niezgodzki I., Setoyama E., Tyszka J., Mangerud G., Kaminski M., Knorr G., Lohmann G. 2017. Freshwater forcing on the greenhouse Arctic climate in the Late Cretaceous: Implications from proxies and model simulation, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2017, Vienna, Austria, 23-28 April, 2017.
Radmacher W., Niezgodzki I., Setoyama E., Tyszka J., Mangerud G., Kaminski M., Knorr G., Lohmann G. 2017. Dinoflagellate cyst biostratigraphy of the Upper Cretaceous succession in the sub-Arctic region, European Geosciences Union General Assembly 2017, Vienna, Austria, 23-28 April, 2017.
Radmacher W., Setoyama E., Tyszka J., Mangerud G., Kaminski M. A. 2013. A Late Cretaceous biostratigraphical and palaeoenvironmental study of the Norwegian Sea and Barents Sea area - application of dinoflagellate cysts and foraminifera, 9-th International Symposium on the Cretaceous System, Ankara, Turkey, 1-5 September, 2013. Biostratigraphy, algae and benthic foraminifera: 9-10.
Setoyama E., Radmacher W., Kaminski M. A., Tyszka J. 2013. Foraminiferal biofacies from a Late Cretaceous fan system in the Vøring Basin, offshore Norway. In: Holcová, K. (ed.) The Micropalaeontological Society Foraminifera and Nannofossil Groups Spring Meeting 2013, Prague, Czech Republic, 19th-22nd June, 2013. The micropalaeontological record of global change: from epicontinental seas to open ocean: 34-35.
Setoyama E., Radmacher W., Tyszka J., Kaminski M. A. 2011. Integrated foraminiferal and dinocyst biostratigraphy of the Upper Cretaceous in the southwestern Barents Sea and palaeoenvironmental implications. Applications of biostratigraphy to the Norwegian Continental Shelf. Stavanger, Norway, 8 December, 2011: 15.
Radmacher W. 2010. Taxonomy and biostratigraphy of Late Cretaceous and Paleocene dinocysts from three wells in the southwestern Barents Sea - preliminary results. The 4th Joint Meeting of the Silicofossil and Palynology groups of The Micropalaeontological Society. Tromsø, Norway, 31st February - 1st March, 2010: 10-41.
Radmacher W., Tyszka J. 2009. Taxonomy, biostratigraphy and palaeoenvironmental implications of Late Cretaceous Dinoflagellate cysts from the southwestern Barents Sea - preliminary observations. Mikro-2009. 7-th Micropalaeontological workshop. Abstracts and Excursion Guide. Św. Katarzyna, Poland, 28-30 September: 15, Grzybowski Foundation Special Publication nr 15: 42.
1) Radmacher W, Niezgodzki I., Tyszka J.T. Mangerud G., Pearce M.A., 2020. Palynology vs. model simulation: oceanographic reconstruction of incomplete data from the Cretaceous Greenland–Norwegian Seaway. Newsletter on Stratigraphy, 52.
2) Radmacher W., Kobos K., Tyszka J., Jarzynka A., Jose Arz A., 2020. Palaeoecological and taphonomic indicators of palaeoenvironmental perturbations in the Basque-Cantabrian region during the latest Cretaceous (Zumaia,northern Spain)Marine and Petroleum Geology.
3) Radmacher W., Uchman A., 2019. Oxygen as a factor controlling palynological record: an example from the Cenomanian-Turonian transition in the Rybie section, Polish Carptathians. Marine and Petroleum Geology, 112.
4) Razmjooei, M. J., Thibault, N., Kani, A., Dinarès-Turell, J., Pucéat, E., Shahriari, S., Radmacher, W., Jamali, A., M., Ullmann, C., Voigt, S., Cocquerez, T., 2018. Integrated bio-and carbon-isotope stratigraphy of the Upper Cretaceous Gurpi Formation (Iran): A new reference for the eastern Tethys and its implications for large-scale correlation of stage boundaries. Cretaceous Research, 91, 312-340.
5) Radmacher, W., Mangerud, G., Tyszka, J., 2015. Dinoflagellate cyst biostratigraphy of Upper Cretaceous strata from two wells in the Norwegian Sea. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 216, 18-32.
6) Radmacher, W., Pérez-Rodríguez, I., Arz, J.A., Pearce, M.A., 2014. Dinoflagellate biostratigraphy at the CampanianMaastrichtian boundary in Zumaia, northern Spain. Cretaceous Research 51, 309-320.
7) Radmacher, W., Tyszka, J., Mangerud, G., Pearce, M.A., 2014. Dinoflagellate cyst biostratigraphy of the Upper Albian to Lower Maastrichtian in the southwestern Barents Sea. Marine and Petroleum Geology 57, 109-121.
8) Radmacher, W., Tyszka, J., Mangerud, G., 2014. Distribution and biostratigraphical significance of Heterosphaeridium bellii sp. nov. and other Late Cretaceous dinoflagellate cysts from the southwestern Barents Sea. Review of Palaeobotany and Palynology 201, 29-40.
9) Setoyama, E., Radmacher, W., Kaminski, M.A., Tyszka, J., 2013. Foraminiferal and palynological biostratigraphy and biofacies from a Santonian-Campanian submarine fan system in the Vøring Basin (offshore Norway). Marine and Petroleum Geology 43, 396-408.