Polish version

Bone-bearing Keuper
of the Upper Silesia


INSTYTUT NAUK GEOLOGICZNYCH POLSKIEJ AKADEMII NAUK
INSTITUTE of GEOLOGICAL SCIENCES, POLISH ACADEMY of SCIENCES
       Twarda 51/55
       00-818 Warszawa, POLAND

phone:  (48) 22 6978-700
fax:       (48) 22 620-62-23
e-mail:  ingpan@twarda.pan.pl 
www: http://www.ing.pan.pl


The Institute of Geological Sciences is a part of the Division III of the Polish Academy of Sciences.
Institute history reaches 1956. We conduct basic geological investigations concerning the origin and formation of rocks and minerals, evolution of selected orogens and reconstruction of ancient environments. Disciplinary areas of research interests include sedimentology, Quaternary geology, isotope geochemistry (especially geochronology), mineralogy, petrology, tectonics, stratigraphy and hydrogeology.

Variously current laminated and convoluted sandstone. Magura Beds, Carpathians Brachysira brebissonii - Diatom (SEM - JEOL-JSM840A) Microphotograph of amphibolite with porphyroblastic hornblende. The Sudetes Mts Hornsundtind (1,431 m) from Midiflellet - Ordovician carbonate formations. Sörkappland, Spitsbergen

The Headquarters of the Institute is in Warszawa.  
Scientific units of the Institute are: Research Centres - in Kraków, Warszawa and Wroc³aw, and Doctoral Studies section.
In Research Centres we have laboratories, libraries and geological museum.

Kraków, Senacka 1 Warszawa, Twarda 51/55 Wroc³aw, Podwale 75
 LINKS  

Studia Geologica Polonica
GEOLOGIA SUDETICA
Annales Societatis Geologorum Poloniae
Studia Quaternaria
International Year of Planet Earth

Editorial &  Webdesign © 2003-2013  Instytut Nauk Geologicznych PAN